Sunday, September 30, 2012

First Post on GPU Ray Tracing project

GPU Ray Tracing

GPU Ray Tracing is much more complicated than CPU. Annoying debug is one important reason. Another important factor is that I am not fully understand the underlying theories, especially that about refraction, BSDF. I am still trying to figure about how to blend the refraction ray and reflection ray together. Randomly choose one to follow? The result is not good, the image has many dark points and it is not as shinny as it deserves to be. Sign. If without a great framework, I cannot imagine how many years it would take me to finish such a project.

Now I am only add few features, camera interaction, normal map, texture map, specular and a half refraction..Admittedly, there still some little bugs in this part. But I am still working hard on it now.


No comments:

Post a Comment